Saturday, April 3, 2010

#9 The Core

I (sort of) watched this on January 6, 2010. I wasn't paying much attention because I was painting, I think, so I just had it on in the background. There is something you should know about me, I love bad movies. Bad movies are my guilty pleasure. It can't be any bad movie though it has to be the right kind of bad movie. Movies like Armageddon or  Cellular or The Core. So I guess mainly action movies that are suppose to be good but are hilariously bad. 


Watch the trailer


Directed by: Jon Amiel

Written by: Cooper Layne
                 John Rogers

Starring: Aaron Eckhart
             Hilary Swank 
             Delroy Lindo 
             Stanley Tucci


Plot Synopsis: Okay so let me just write the things I remember off the top of my head without looking up the summary on imdb. A bunch of birds start smacking into buildings and cars and people. (This is the best part of the movie.) Then some monuments get destroyed by earthquakes? This is due to the Earth's core and it's lack of spinage. So some rouge scientist who specializes in something puts all the pieces together and contacts some government people or something. They put together a ragtag team of badasses to go on some outlandish mission to save the Earth. Their plan is to nuke the Earth's core to get it spinning again and Hillary Swank is there for some reason.

Review: This is a bad movie. It's terrible. It's like a bad Armageddon and Armageddon was bad. (Armageddon is the perfect bad movie by the way). I wasn't paying much attention so I don't remember the extent of the bad. But I'm sure it's boring and tedious. I like the parts where it tries to be emotional cause it's kind of embarrassing which makes it funny. Or the parts where it tries to be funny because it's cheesy which makes it funny. There isn't much to say. This is a bad movie and unless you're a masochistic bad movie perv like me there is no reason to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment