Friday, April 16, 2010

#10 - Broken Flowers

I watched this on January 7, 2010 all sad and alone.

I know I haven't been updating. I also know no one cares. But this isn't for you it's for me. I am determined to force myself to do this. I know it's silly and seemingly pointless but I really want to have the discipline to actually finish all the millions of stupid projects I start. Me doing this has nothing to do with movies. It's a way to get me to write and think and be productive and not fall victim to laziness and I just can't seem to maintain a normal blog. Okay momentary neurosis over. Sorry about that.


 
         Watch the trailer



Directed by: Jim Jarmusch

Written by: Jim Jarmusch

Starring: Bill Murray
              Julie Delpy
              Jeffrey Wright

Plot Synopsis:
Bill Murray is a man-whore who finds out he has a bastard son. His girlfriend Julie Deply leaves him and as he's wallowing in his own self-righteous-patheticness he gets a mysterious pink letter from a former lover telling him he knocked her up and now their 19 year old son is trying to find out who his father is. With the help of his wacky neighbor, Jeffrey Wright, he attempts to find out who sent the letter. Murray aka Don Johnson goes on a quest to visit 4 of his old girlfriends and potential letter writers. Each one being more eccentric than the last. All of this fucks with his brain and he ends up going crazy. Okay I embellished a little there, but it does have a very awkward ending that makes him out to be sad and creepy.

Review:
It was aight. I love all the actors in it so I enjoyed it. The story was okay..... I don't know. It was kinda a little too goofy at some parts. Maybe goofy isn't the right word - Zany? Tilda Swinton looked fucking gorgeous. I would have liked more of her. I think maybe I didn't get this movie. If there was a point I missed it. Murray's character doesn't really grow or change or discover anything about himself. In the end he's just as sad and narcissistic as he was in the beginning. The only person that acts like a real person is the boy at the end. None of the other characters are believable which sort of leads me to believe that the crazy of these women is all just Don Johnson's fucked up version of them. Maybe that's why this woman never wanted her son to meet his insane father. Maybe there is no son at all. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and I should just take it at face value. Who fucking knows? Like I said it was aight.

No comments:

Post a Comment